How to Write an Announcement
After reading our tips about how to write an announcement, you'll be able to write any kind of announcement with style and ease. Take a look at the following guidelines from WhiteSmoke, the all-in-one writing software, see the sample announcement letter, and then write the best announcement you can imagine! Include the right information in fine style, and then proofread your announcement with one click using our innovative software for a perfect finished product to send.
People write announcements for many reasons. Just some types of announcements that people write include public service announcements, high school graduation announcements, college graduation announcements, engagement announcements, marriage and wedding announcements, pregnancy announcements, birth announcements, adoption announcements, baptism announcements, save the date announcements, moving announcements, business announcements, job announcements, promotion announcements, retirement announcements, and funeral announcements.
No matter which kind of announcement you need to write, you will find the following tips useful. Remember to tailor the tips to the specific announcement you need to write, and get on your way.
Tips on How to Write an Announcement:
- Be direct and concise in your announcement. Your reader will be able to understand the information quickly and can refer back to it easily.
- Write a short, friendly announcement that's to the point when you're sharing positive news. Written in the right tone, an announcement can show a wish to keep up a business or personal relationship. It can also build on positive feelings like confidence, allegiance, and helpfulness.
- Recognize what others have achieved in your announcement, and motivate your reader to reach similar goals.
- Present your information in a plain and complete way, so your reader will understand you the first time (and not ask questions later).
- If the news you are announcing is bad, write it in a direct statement. Add a message of understanding and optimism to your announcement, in a respectful tone.
By writing an announcement, you will inform people about some news. After following the tips above and referring to the announcement letter template below, be sure to send off a high-quality announcement that your readers will understand easily and be happy to receive. Do this by proofreading effectively, using the WhiteSmoke writing solution. In one click, you have access to instant feedback from an English grammar check, punctuation check, spelling check, online dictionary, thesaurus full of synonyms, and patented enrichment feature that suggests relevant adjectives and adverbs. All of these English writing tools ensure you will have the best written announcement your readers will see!
Engagement Announcement Letter Sample:
We are thrilled to announce the engagement of our daughter, Becca Jo, to her long-time love, Beau Jackson. After dating for many joy-filled years, Beau Jackson asked for Becca Jo's hand in marriage. Of course Becca Jo said yes!
We hope to share more happy news with you in the future (like a wedding announcement), and that you are also experiencing joy in your lives.
All the best,
Sue Ellen and Kyle Ray Jefferson.