How to Respond to a Complaint Letter
It happens from time to time in business that a customer or supplier may write a complaint letter. Complaints obviously stem from less than desirable service or relations. Sometimes this can be due to error on the part of your company, for instance mistakes in making an order, or regular late payments to suppliers. At other times the fault may, in your opinion, rest with the customer or supplier. Whatever the case, remember the golden rule: the customer is always right, and use the complaint letter as a vehicle to improve customer relations, and improve your business.
In this and all your business communications, from business emails and business presentations through to press releases and marketing texts, you can trust your writing to WhiteSmoke English grammar software. English grammar and spelling errors can often lead to confusion or even misinterpretation. An English writing tool will make sure your response to a complaint letter is understood correctly. It will also ensure you use vocabulary that is appropriate for the letter, and a writing style that helps get your message across.
Some tips for responding to a complaint letter
- Remember the customer is always right, and, be humble! Even if you really think the customer is wrong, there is still something to learn from his/her letter. In your response, start from this understanding.
- Start by thanking the customer for putting his/her concerns in writing.
- Address the concerns directly, and indicate the steps you are taking to resolve them.
- Consider offering the customer some compensation for his troubles, such as a 20% discount of his/her next order.
- Thank the customer for his/her time.
With these tips, and WhiteSmoke's advanced proofreading tools, you will be off to a great start for your complaint letter response. And when you have other letters to write for you business or for pleasure, you can start from any of the 600 included letter templates.
Share With Your Friends!
Write your way to success with WhiteSmoke
Perfect your English writing with the most advanced text checkers
Write a comment
Required fields are marked with *.