How to Write a Shareholder Agreement
What does writing a shareholder agreement have to do with online proofreading? Read on to find out how all your business communications can benefit with dedicated English grammar software.
A shareholder agreement is an agreement between the shareholders of a company relating to the ownership and management of the company. There are a number of reasons to write a shareholder agreement, the most common of which being to keep any contractual terms and conditions private by not including them in the company's public constitutional documents. Being a legal document, you want your shareholder agreement to be professional, just like your business dealings. WhiteSmoke English writing tool brings the level of professionalism required with its advanced grammar correction and unique text enrichment. Use the WhiteSmoke Business Version so that your writing is tailored specifically to the language of business.
When writing your shareholder agreement, you should keep some points in mind:
- Plan your document. Make yourself a list of all points that need to be addressed.
- Use a readable typeface, like Times New Roman.
- Divide your document into sections, and the sections into smaller segments if necessary.
- Don't use any slang, and omit needless words.
- Use the active voice, avoid the passive voice.
- Simplify wordy phrases.
- Organize your content in order of importance.
- Use numerals instead of written words for numbers.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread! There is no substitute for correct English grammar and spelling, and mistakes could cause confusion or even nullify your agreement.
Keeping these points in mind will help you to write a much better shareholder agreement. Considering the seriousness of the agreement, it cannot be emphasized enough how important the last point is. The WhiteSmoke writing tool is your online grammar check, spell check and punctuation check solution. And then there is the whole of your business communication. Shouldn't you always make sure your company image is upheld by the quality of your English writing? Use the specialized thesaurus-dictionary to find any definition you require, or to choose an appropriate synonym when you are stuck for words.