How to Write a Letter of Acceptances
This is the place to learn how to write a letter of acceptances. There is more than one kind of acceptance letter, like a job acceptance letter, a college acceptance letter, an offer acceptance letter, an acceptance of agreement letter, and an acceptance of resignation letter. For every kind of acceptance letter, you can write a better one by following the tips on this page and by looking at the sample example letter that follows. After you write your letter, use WhiteSmoke writing software and proofread professionally with its comprehensive suite of writing tools.
Let's get started. Below is a list of tips about how to write a letter of acceptances. You will need to consider which type of acceptance letter you are writing, and add or delete information as necessary. These guidelines are general and will apply to most cases.
- If you are accepting a job, appointment, promotion, gift, etc., be polite.
- If you are accepting an invitation to a social event, thank the organizer for the invitation and tell about how you expect that the event will be successful. If you need to clarify any details about time, location, etc., do that in the acceptance letter.
- If you are accepting a resignation, stay positive in your tone. Don't say something that could make you liable for legal action.
- Start your letter by thanking the organization, business, person, etc.
- In a few words, identify what it is you are accepting.
- Consider thanking others who helped you get to where you are if it's fitting.
- If you are formally accepting a job or similar assignment, it is advisable to restate the conditions in the way you understand them, like starting date, job expectations, salary, etc.
- End your letter by repeating that you appreciate being offered what you are accepting.
- Remember that your acceptance letter may be added to a company's permanent file for you in the case of accepting a job, for example, so be sure that your letter is free of errors in English grammar, spelling, etc.!
To ensure a mistake-free letter of acceptance, use trustworthy writing software with the proofreading tools you need for success. WhiteSmoke online writing software offers you powerful, one-click access to editing tools and instant feedback: English grammar check, punctuation check, spell check, online dictionary, synonym-rich thesaurus, and unique enrichment with context-based adjectives and adverbs for descriptive, effective English writing. Write a stand-out acceptance letter with WhiteSmoke, and impress others even more than you did for them to accept you in the first place!
Sample job acceptance letter:
Your First Name Your Last Name
Your phone number
Addressee's First Name Addressee's Last Name
Dear Ms. Waters:
I was very happy to receive your phone call this afternoon when you offered me the position of head 6th grade teacher at the Children's Day School. Please regard this letter as my formal acceptance.
As we agreed, my starting date will be August 24th, and I will work for the salary of $36,000 annually plus health coverage according to what we discussed.
Thank you again, Ms. Waters, for providing me with a wonderful opportunity. Please let me know if there is anything special I should do before my starting date. I am thrilled to be joining the Children's Day School team.
First Name Last Name