How to Write a Guardianship Paper
Establishing guardianship can be complicated. Guardianship papers are legal documents which are filed when, for any number of reasons, you want to take a child into your guardianship. The papers have to be filed at a local court, and a court investigator will be appointed to interview you and the child, and possibly the child's parents if they are available. Any attempt for guardianship of a child will require the written consent of the child's parents, and other close family members may contest your application, unless the court deems the guardianship in the child's best interests.
As the first step towards guardianship, you need to ensure that your guardianship papers are totally in order: error free and clear in meaning. WhiteSmoke can elevate your writing to the legal standard required for a guardianship paper. Whether you are a legal professional, or just someone who wants to save expensive legal fees by writing legal documents yourself, WhiteSmoke Writing Software can help bring an extra level of professionalism to your legal writing. As an all-in-one solution, WhiteSmoke features an English grammar checker, a spell checker, a thesaurus , and special enrichment features to make your English writing stand out.
General Guardianship Paper Tips:
- Plan your document. Make yourself a list of all points that need to be addressed.
- Investigate all the court costs, and any special procedures that may apply in your state.
- "Give notice" to the child's relatives. This can take time, so start as soon as possible.
- Divide your document into sections, and the sections into smaller segments if necessary.
- Don't use any slang, and omit needless words.
- Use the active voice, avoid the passive voice.
- Simplify wordy phrases.
- Use numerals instead of written words for numbers.
- Know where to go for reliable answers on correct grammar and spelling.
Keeping these points in mind, you can begin to write your guardianship paper. Use WhiteSmoke Writing Software as your English writing resource. As an all-in-one proofreading solution, featuring an English grammar checker, an online dictionary and thesaurus, WhiteSmoke Writing Software will make sure any legal document you write is easily understandable and devoid of errors. The extensive synonym and enrichment features in the Legal Version will make sure your writing reads like legal writing, and with over 600 letter templates, you will always have a good start for any text you need to write.