How to Apply for Study Abroad
Study abroad programs provide challenging and awarding experiences. Studying at a foreign university is an opportunity to enrich your life experience in ways that benefit both your personal growth and future career prospects. However, competition for placement abroad can be tough, whether you are applying through your own university's study abroad programs, or are directly applying to the foreign university of your choice, your application will need to be impressive. Aside from providing an academic record, you will probably need to write an application letter or essay, and here you cannot afford any mistakes, it must be perfect.
To make a really great impression, your English writing must be comprehensively proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. It is also a good idea to consider your use of vocabulary. Does it show a good command of the language? WhiteSmoke Writing Software can take care of your English grammar, and expand your vocabulary with its online dictionary, thesaurus software and unique enrichment feature.
Tips for the application letter
- Use clear and concise language. Make sure your sentences are short.
- Start by expressing your interest in the program you want to study (1 year program in English Literature, MA in Political Science, etc).
- Then, outline your academic credentials. Work experience may also be mentioned, but only if it is directly related to the academic study you wish to undertake.
- Note any academic achievements you have made, as these will make you stand out from other applicants.
- Mention any community achievements you have made, or participation in clubs, groups, or volunteer work. Many universities are interested in people who are active in the community.
- Close with positive language, such as "I look forward to hearing from you", before signing off.
While WhiteSmoke Writing Software can't write a text for you, it can make sure that the effort you put into your study abroad application is not in vain due to grammar, spelling or punctuation errors, mistakes that WhiteSmoke can fix almost instantly. WhiteSmoke scans your texts with its unique enrichment feature and suggest powerful synonyms and additional words to make your writing even more persuasive. With WhiteSmoke in your corner, your application will stand out.
WhiteSmoke also offers a range of professional resume templates that you can use when you apply for jobs while overseas, and dedicated modules for legal writing, creative writing, medical writing and business writing. So, no matter what your field of study, WhiteSmoke provides English writing tools to help you write better.
An all-in-one English writing solution, WhiteSmoke Writing Software is the best way to ensure your English grammar is perfect.