How to Edit a Paper or Essay
Good editing or proofreading skills are just as important to the success of an essay, paper or thesis as good writing skills. The editing stage is a chance to strengthen your arguments with a slightly more objective eye than while you are in the middle of writing.
Indeed, editing can turn a good essay or paper into a brilliant one, by paying close attention to the overall structure and the logical flow of an argument. Here we will offer some tips on how to edit a paper or an essay. You can greatly improve your editing by using dedicated writing technology. The WhiteSmoke writing tool provides an all-in-one solution for all your English editing needs.
Tips for editing a paper or essay:
- Read over other things you have written, to see if you can identify a pattern in your writing, such as problematic punctuation, or repeated use of the same adjectives.
- Take a break between the writing and editing.
- Read by sliding a blank page down your lines of writing, so you see one line at a time. Even in editing or proofreading, it is easy to miss things and make mistakes.
- Read the paper out loud to get a sense of the punctuation, and make any changes to parts that feel unnatural to read.
- Allow someone else to read over your paper - fresh eyes can see things you will not see.
- Take care of the above points more quickly and absolutely free of errors with WhiteSmoke - the most advanced technology available for English writing.
WhiteSmoke can greatly reduce the time you spend editing and proofreading. More importantly, it will edit your text perfectly every time, 100% free from errors. First, do your initial proofreading with the spell checking and grammar checking features. Then you can get creative. WhiteSmoke's patented text enrichment will scan your texts and offer up synonyms, adverbs and adjectives that can lift your writing to a whole new level. You can then consult the dictionary and thesaurus for further advice on how to improve phrasing and get your message across strongly.
After WhiteSmoke, your text will be stronger and your argument more persuasive. WhiteSmoke is the ultimate personal English editor.
Share With Your Friends!
Write your way to success with WhiteSmoke
Perfect your English writing with the most advanced text checkers
Write a comment
Required fields are marked with *.